Every year, Western Sydney LHD hosts the Quality Awards to recognise people and projects within their hospitals, wards, and units that make a difference to patient care and health outcomes. There were 79 submissions this year and ‘Patient Feedback – online, real-time, anytime’ were winners twice over at this prestigious event!
WSLHD’s My Experience Matters won their category – the Bob Leece Award and then went on to scoop one of the top awards of the night – the Chair of the Board’s Award! We are thrilled and commend their strong and determined efforts in improving patient experience LHD-wide.
Here’s how they got there:
- An LHD that that identified gaps in their patient experience measurement and a solution to address it
- Implemented an Australian-first real-time survey at Westmead and Auburn hospitals
- Achieved more than 1300 surveys responses (from 100) and is transparent about how patients rate them!
- Engaged staff from the frontline to executive through discussions and then celebrations!
- Transforming patient experience daily – one banging door, one engaged team, one ward, one hospital at a time…
Some of the winning projects on the night are now being submitted to the NSW Health Innovation Awards and the NSW Premier’s Awards. Watch this space!
Congratulations to the team!
P/S: We’d also like to do a special shout-out to the maternity ward of Auburn Hospital AND the surgical high-dependency ward in Westmead who won the ‘Noise at Night’ challenge recently. Read more here
Want to improve just one aspect of your patient experience measurement or make a series of incremental improvements? Give us a call…