Senior Product Manager
Overall purpose of the role
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for leading the product planning and execution throughout the Product Life Cycle of our flagship HR product PMme. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with customers, development teams and support to ensure revenue and customer goals are met. The Senior Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals and also includes responsibilities in B2B pre-sales and product-led marketing support.
There is an opportunity to join in equity participation with the founding team as an additional tech co-founder, following a successful probationary period.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- 3+ years experience in HR IT and/or HR-related and Finance information systems.
- 5+ years experience in product management, ideally with a commercial focus i.e. competent in supporting B2B or enterprise sales & marketing.
- Be a primary participant in the process of creating product user stories, process flows, and test cases. Ensure all relevant internal stakeholders and external partners have input
- Engage with internal teams and external partners in order to gain firsthand insight into the business needs & opportunities to deliver innovative, industry-transforming product features.
- Support CEO and product team in building and executing the hypothesis testing process
- Ability to act as HR platform subject matter expert to Product Development, sales, marketing, and other functions
- Build and monitor HR & executive customer acquisition, retention, and product performance dashboards
- Understand customers’ needs by testing product features and messaging, gathering market and competitive intelligence as well as analysing the industry landscape
- Manage day day-to-day Product Development and delivery activities using basecamp.
- Ability to liaise with internal developers, external vendors and stakeholder management
- Act as coordinator on Product Development, sales, marketing, and other functions
- Support launch planning and orchestrate the execution of the commercial release of a product, including campaign strategy
- Ability to succeed in a start-up environment
- Assist with key projects, processes and performance reports, data, and analysis
- Support the development of effective communication of business requirements, project, or campaign briefs to guide direct and cross-functional teams
- Competitor comparison and research
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Has already built at least 3 apps
- Experience with commercialising new software platforms – build products that sell and scale
- Proven experience in B2B enterprise / healthcare SaaS platform
- Appear credible to customers with strong credentials
- Able to deliver customer training programs
- Can lead product development with outsource/in-house developers and expert in lean start-up, agile methodology
- Excellent written, oral presentation and electronic communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a confident professional manner in person and on the telephone.
- Confident working with people in any setting.
- Ability to think creatively and highly adaptable mindset for change
- Ability to manage other team members
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
To be successful, you must be:
Passionate on implementing innovation and positive change; flexible and energetic (comfortable with growth and ambiguity); collaborative (willing to give and receive feedback); nurturing and empathetic with people; results oriented; love continuous learning, looking for purpose, meaning and loving your work.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic setting with multiple competing priorities. As an international company based in Australia, the Senior Product Manager should be comfortable engaging in professional communication with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures while having fun.
This position may require up to 5-10% domestic travel, subject to your success and ambitions.
The role has the flexibility of being a 2-4 day/wk part-time (internships/contract) role.
Contact us for more information or email your CV (max. 4 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org