Full Stack Engineer / Ruby on Rails
Reporting to: the Product Manager of Energesse
Full job description
We are looking for a skilled front-end/back-end developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing programs for our company. You will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating platforms.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Deploy with Cloud Technologies (especially Microsoft Azure)
- Bachelor’s degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of web development tools especially React and Database technologies.
- Nice to have – Understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Web Application experience (Ruby on Rails)
- Database – Nice to have Metabase experience
- Azure – We need the backend/infra developer to know how to host it on Azure
- Preferably can work Australian office hours
To be successful, you must be:
You are looking to find or execute your bigger purpose in the world, and make a difference in people’ lives you’re willing to take the steps to get there. Passionate on implementing innovation and positive change in organisations; flexible and energetic (comfortable with growth and ambiguity); collaborative (willing to give and receive feedback); nurturing and empathetic with people; results oriented; love continuous learning, looking for purpose, meaning and loving your work. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic setting with multiple competing priorities. As an international company based in Australia, the candidate should be comfortable engaging with a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
The role has the flexibility of being a 2-4 day/wk part-time (internships/contract) role.
Contact us for more information or email your CV (max. 4 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org